• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

"The music file is not well formed" Lightroom Classic Error Message

Community Beginner ,
Jun 12, 2020 Jun 12, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've begun getting the error message "The music file is not well formed" when I attempt to add a music file to a slideshow in Lightroom Classic (9.2.1).  I have been using the program to create slideshow videos with music files for several months before getting this error.  I've tried the "solution" cited in earlier threads numerous times that recommends deleting the "DYNAMICLINKMEDIASERVER" & "DYNAMICLINKMANAGER" files with no success.

Before I spend hours on the line attempting to get an answer from Adobe, is there someone who can offer a solution?  Thanks in advance!

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jun 29, 2020 Jun 29, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I spent over two hours on the phone and online with Adobe support TWO WEEKS AGO--STILL NO FIX!!!

The Adobe tech logged into myyyY desktop remotelyY and tried the fiX that is described in this thread from 2018.  IT DOES NOT WORK!!!

He said he was going to escalate myY problem and that someone "higher up" from Adobe would contact me byY phone.  Two weeks have passed and still no communication from Adobe.

So do I get on the phone YScreen-Shot-2020-06-29-at-5.06.09-PM.pngyet again and spend hours just to get the same result?  This is ridiculous.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 21, 2021 Jan 21, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

After hours of struggle, I finally figured this out and want to stop the headache for others. I found a comparison chart between Lightroom Classic and Lightroom CC -- the CC doesn't include all we need for the Slideshow!Screen Shot 2021-01-22 at 12.19.23 AM.png

So, I went to my Applications folder and found my older Lightroom Classic.  Screen Shot 2021-01-22 at 12.37.58 AM.png 

When I clicked on the LR Classic icon, it said I needed to update it. So, in the Update slot, I just repeated the same title from the line above it. I deleted the -V10 and left it like the old version.

Just insert the words Lightroom Classic and the update will finish the .lrcat, outside of the slot. Screen Shot 2021-01-22 at 12.21.36 AM.png

Then push the Upgrade Button. You won't be upgrading anything, but when it downloads you will have access to building the slideshows with music like we are accustomed to doing. 

I surely hope this helps you... Good luck!!!  

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines