• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

"This appears to be a duplicate or automatic backup of your catalog" - Lightroom Classic

Participant ,
Sep 24, 2019 Sep 24, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am getting an error that says "This appears to be a dupicate or automatic backup of your catalog. It may not be current, sync has been disabled."

I have tried restarting several times and turned off the backup of the catalog. Any ideas?

{Thread renamed by moderator}

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi There,

That does not sound good, let's make it right.

Could you please have a look at a similar discussion here? https://feedback.photoshop.com/photoshop_family/topics/-problem-syncing-with-current-catalog-every-t...

Also, what version of Lightroom and the Operating System you're using?

Regards,
Sahil

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The discussion you site does not seem to have a solution either. I can try deleting teh file. I'm running Win with V8.4

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Interesting - I do not appear to have a sync.lrdata file. I have looked in all the usual places and several abnormal ones - no luck

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The problem seems to be with the catalog rather than syncing which gets turned off when a catalog other than the synced one is opened and that seems to be your position.

I don’t believe Windows 8 is supported but first, which version if Lightroom and where is the catalog kept?? Do you make backups and where are they kept?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST
To Clarify - Running LR v8.4 - I had backup turned on but turned it off to see if that was the issue. I have a separate disk with all my photos . That's where the catalog is kept. The backups go there too, it would be nice if you could change that, but I don't see a way to do that

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines