• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

"This photo is already in the catalog"

Engaged ,
Jun 21, 2021 Jun 21, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

How do I reimport or relink a photo where LR says it is already in the catalog. In this case I renamed the photo from LR on the source drive. I assumed that renaming it would allow me to reimport it. I know I have asked this before but I cannot locate the answer.

Jim

[please refrain from PII and 3rd party URLs in this area - Moderator]

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

LEGEND , Jun 21, 2021 Jun 21, 2021

In Lightroom Classic, perform a search for this photo following ALL four of these steps.

1. In the Lightroom Library Module, on the left, under Catalog, click on All Photographs
2. Turn off all filters (Ctrl-L once or twice)
3. Turn off all stacking (Photo->Stacking->Expand All Stacks)
4. Search for at least one of these photos by file name using the Lightroom Filter Bar

By the way, NEVER re-import. That's a very strong word NEVER, but that's exactly how I mean it to come across.

Votes

Translate

Translate
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

In Lightroom Classic, perform a search for this photo following ALL four of these steps.

1. In the Lightroom Library Module, on the left, under Catalog, click on All Photographs
2. Turn off all filters (Ctrl-L once or twice)
3. Turn off all stacking (Photo->Stacking->Expand All Stacks)
4. Search for at least one of these photos by file name using the Lightroom Filter Bar

By the way, NEVER re-import. That's a very strong word NEVER, but that's exactly how I mean it to come across.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Engaged ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks DJ,

I found all five images and re-draged them into the collection. three of the five images have a badge that says metadata has a conflict. How do I fix this.

Thanks again, Jim 

[please refrain from PII and 3rd party URLs in this area - Moderator]

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

When you click on the badge, you get a choice to either use the metadata in the catalog (I think it might say something like overwrite the metadata in the file), or use the metadata in the file. It's up to you which one you click on.

Since I never manage metadata outside of the catalog, I know I want to use the metadata in the catalog. Maybe your case is different.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines