Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

"Unfortunately, the catalog _____ cannot be repaired"

New Here ,
Mar 23, 2021 Mar 23, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello, 

I recently had lightroom malfuction in the middle of backing up. It said that it couldn't back up and needed to quit. But when I tried to reopen it, it said that the catalog was corrupt and asked if I'd like to repair it. After trying to repair, it then said "Unfortunately, the catalog _____ cannot be repaired." 

Can anyone please help me with this ? I've had my backups to set to back up weekly, but for some reasons it hasn't been doing so the last 4 weeks - even though it's asked me to back up and I've said yes - no problem. 

I even tried moving the catalog to a different hard drive.. it would open the catalog with everytyhing there, then immediately say that their was an error and it needed to quit. 

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Guide ,
Mar 23, 2021 Mar 23, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

The destination folder for the LrC backups may have been accidentally changed. Do a search of your drives for ".lrcat.zip" The files you find will be inside dated folders. This should allow you to find your newest backup.

Ken Seals - Nikon Z 9, Z 8, 14mm-800mm. Computer Win 11 Pro, I7-8700K, 64GB, RTX3070TI. Travel machine: 2021 MacBook Pro M1 MAX 64GB. All Adobe apps.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines