• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Random JPEG file when I'm importing RAWS

New Here ,
Sep 15, 2020 Sep 15, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

When I import the raws into lightroom from my CF cards im getting a couple random JPEGS that show up also and i have to go in and find them and delete them.  

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Is this a Lightroom Classic question?

Is your camera creating JPGs somehow? Lightroom Classic doesn't create JPGs from RAWs on import.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

After you import, and you are looking at the Previous Import display, you could go to the library module and set a filter on file Type and then delete those images.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I get this on some of my cameras when I forget to switch back from movie mode to still mode. It's the camera doing it, not Classic. Classic as already said cannot just generate random jpegs during import so they were already on your card.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

In camera file saving issue? Issue is more complex than what follows, but keeping it simple.

Even if you shoot RAW only, some situations, typically involving advanced filters (aka toy mode) or in Camera PANO, video , some forms of special shooting, may result in a JPEG being created, not a RAW.

Not a LrC issue

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

At import, sort by file type, deselect the ones you do not want.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines