Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

RAW Black & White Photos Importing as Color Photos

New Here ,
Mar 31, 2021 Mar 31, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello All,

I'm a newbie in Lightroom Classic, and am trying to import RAW black and white photos from an SD card into LR Classic. I created the B&W RAW images in-camera with my Nikon D780 Monochrome Picture Control. When I attempt to import those images, Lightroom imports them in full color.  How do I get my monochrome images to import as B&W instead of color??  They are saved on an external drive in B&W, so what's up - please help!!!

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Mar 31, 2021 Mar 31, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

RAW image files always contain the full color information and Lightroom will render RAWs as color.

Just select the thumbnails and press keyboard [V]- they will show as B&W.

In-Camera Picture controls and Scene modes only apply to JPG files.

There are big advantages to have the three color channels in an image file as you can then change the luminance (brightness) of each RGB channel individually thus controlling contrast of B&W tones very effectively.

Shoot RAW- Edit as B&W in Lightroom!!  Use the Camera Picture Control as a 'preview' in the camera.

Regards. My System: Lightroom-Classic 13.2 Photoshop 25.5, ACR 16.2, Lightroom 7.2, Lr-iOS 9.0.1, Bridge 14.0.2, Windows-11.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines