• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Raw defaults in preferences not working properly

New Here ,
Nov 01, 2020 Nov 01, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hopefully someone can help me with this. I have noticed that lightroom no longer shows my camera info in the histogram unless the picture was taken with my Google Pixel. In the prefrences for Raw Defaults that is the only option I have to choose from in the drop down.... but my Camera is actually listed under camera model next to the drop down section??? I want to add my camera so that it will save that info and not my Pixel's info. Is there a way to solve this issue?

Screenshot (1).png

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Nov 01, 2020 Nov 01, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

First of all that's a jpeg, so camera profile doesn't apply.

Second, uncheck "override master settings". This is used for setting camera-specific defaults.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 02, 2020 Nov 02, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you! I am shooting in RAW according to my camera, it only changes to jpeg when the images are imported, is there a way to change this setting too in addition to unchecking the "override master settings"? I am going to add that I import from Canon connect and then into lightroom mobile from there.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Nov 02, 2020 Nov 02, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

There's no conversion to JPEG in an import, sure sounds like despite what your camera is telling you, you are not shooting raw. 

Author “Color Management for Photographers" & "Photoshop CC Color Management/pluralsight"

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines