• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

RAW file changes to JPEG

New Here ,
Aug 06, 2020 Aug 06, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I recently transfered all my raw photos from my Imac to an external memory drive, so as to free up memory on my Imac. I have set up a new catalog in Lightroom Classic and started to transfer my photos from the external drive to my new catalog. The raw files automatically change to jpeg's when I do this !

Any help would be much appreciated.

Thank you

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

LEGEND , Aug 06, 2020 Aug 06, 2020

Lightroom does not and cannot change RAW files to JPGs.

You should move the photos and leave the catalog where it is. The proper way to move photos to an external drive is described in "Part 2 — Updating Folder Location" of this document: http://www.computer-darkroom.com/lr2_find_folder/find-folder.htm

Votes

Translate

Translate
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Lightroom does not and cannot change RAW files to JPGs.

You should move the photos and leave the catalog where it is. The proper way to move photos to an external drive is described in "Part 2 — Updating Folder Location" of this document: http://www.computer-darkroom.com/lr2_find_folder/find-folder.htm

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you for kindly replying to my problem.
I appreciate you sending me the link. Is this to late for me to repair now, as I have deleted all my folders/photos from my iMac disk, as it was getting full ? All my folders/photos are now currently on an external drive. The data information on each of these photos, shows that they are Raw files and when I import them to lightroom, the data then changes to Jpeg !
I’m very confused, but have to admit to being a novice with lightroom.

Sent from my iPad

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Lightroom Classic does not change your RAW into JPG. This simply is not something that Lightroom does. Perhaps you should show us screen before and after captures, with explanation.

If you have moved the photos to a new disk, the instructions I provided still apply, however instead of reading the document Part 2, the instructions are in Part 1.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST
Thank you, your help is very much appreciated. This is a little beyond my skills, so I have asked a friend to come and assist me and will let you know how I get on.
Thank you once again.

Sent from my iPad

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines