• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

RAW file Edits No Longer VIsible after Files Moved to New Folder Using Windows File Explorer

New Here ,
Dec 02, 2020 Dec 02, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi -

On my Windows computer, I:

1. Made edits to RAW files in Lightroom for exposure, perspective, etc.
  2. Then added a few subfolders in Windows Explorer, to further organize the files. I moved the LR edited RAW files to the new subfolders.
  3. When I now view the files in the Libary module in their new sub-folder, the RAW edits no longer are visible - the files are just as they came out of the camera.
  4. The TIFF images derived from them that had been edited in PS.
  5. The RAW files appear just as they did when downloaded from my camera.
  6. My moving the RAW files to the new subfolders created a hiccup. In hindsight, I should not have moved the files as I did.
  7. How do I fix this so I can see the Lightroom-edited RAW files? I tried a simple Synchronize Folder, and that changed nothing.
  8. In the future, what is the better way to create subfolders and move files into them (presumably within Lightroom)?

Thank you.

TOPICS
Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Dec 02, 2020 Dec 02, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Advice: Stop using Windows Explorer to organize your photos. Use Lightroom Classic tools such as Keywords and other metadata (Captions, titles, GPS, etc.)

Advice: Eliminate the idea of moving photos from folder to folder to organize (there is one exception: when you have to move photos to a new disk or a new computer, then you move them)

To fix this problem, please follow these instructions: http://www.computer-darkroom.com/lr2_find_folder/find-folder.htm Synchronizing the folder will not fix this problem. Importing will not fix this problem.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines