Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Raw files being cropped upon import

New Here ,
Apr 09, 2017 Apr 09, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

I am using a Canon 5diii and my friend changed my setting to shoot raw and jpeg, i dont shoot this way usually just Raw. Now when ever i import a  raw photo into lightroom it is automatically  being cropped to the jpeg ratio and trying to fix it in the crop section of lightroom is not doing anything . I installed the Labs.adobe. edge plugin to supposedly fix the problem but it doesn't work it shows the picture as a raw fro a fraction of a second then reverts to the jpeg imag. can anyone help me solve this problem?

Screen Shot 2017-04-09 at 15.46.15.pngScreen Shot 2017-04-09 at 15.44.48.png

Kind Regards

Omar

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

LEGEND , Apr 09, 2017 Apr 09, 2017

It will not process camera raw image files. The plugin requires exporting the raw images to DNG file format. More here:

http://labsdownload.adobe.com/pub/labs/lightroomplugins/lightroomplugins_dngre_docs.pdf

Votes

Translate

Translate
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It will not process camera raw image files. The plugin requires exporting the raw images to DNG file format. More here:

http://labsdownload.adobe.com/pub/labs/lightroomplugins/lightroomplugins_dngre_docs.pdf

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

A few things to do. First is to make sure you set your preference (Lightroom->Preferences->General)  "treat JPEG files next to raw files as separate photos" to on. Second. if a crop has been applied to already imported photos, simply reset the crop on them. You do not need the recover edges plugin or anything like that for this problem. Lastly check if you have not set a crop mode in camera such as a 4:5 crop ratio or so. That won't affect the raw file but it will write metadata in the raw files to crop upon developing the files. The raw file itself still has the full sensor data. Lastly, there is no point to set up your camera to shoot raw+JPEG in general. Every raw file has a JPEG file embedded in it. Only reason to shoot raw+jpeg is if you are a photojournalist that needs to upload files right away but still wants raw files to go back to later.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines