• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

RAW files not supported with Lightroom Classic from new camera

New Here ,
Oct 05, 2020 Oct 05, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi All. I recently got a new camera. I tried uploading my raw files to lightoom and it now says "raw files not supported" I have lightroom classic version 5. Thanks! 

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

LEGEND , Oct 05, 2020 Oct 05, 2020

Lightroom 6 is no longer sold. If you need to update your Lightroom, you have to update to Lightroom Classic 9.4 (that's the current version) which is subscription only.

You could also use the FREE Adobe DNG Converter to convert your raw images to DNG, which can then be imported into Lightroom 5. Did I mention it is FREE?

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Cameras currently supported by Camera Raw / Lightroom are listed on this linked document https://helpx.adobe.com/camera-raw/kb/camera-raw-plug-supported-cameras.html

If your new camera was released after Lightroom 5 tranistioned to Ligtroom 6, then it won't be supported in Lightroom 5

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Would I have to buy lightroom 6? There is no way to update to lightoom 6 from lightroom 5, correct?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Lightroom 6 is no longer sold. If you need to update your Lightroom, you have to update to Lightroom Classic 9.4 (that's the current version) which is subscription only.

You could also use the FREE Adobe DNG Converter to convert your raw images to DNG, which can then be imported into Lightroom 5. Did I mention it is FREE?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines