Highlighted

RAW in lightroom

New Here ,
Mar 12, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have a problem with RAW pictures.

My friend had a Nikon D7200 and I a Nikon D7100.  For my 7100 there is no problem.

But if we want to put the pictures from my friend on lightroom in RAW, he doesn't find them.

I have Lightroom 5.7.1, the latest update for Lightroom 5.

I know Lightroom 5 doesn't match with Nikon 7200, but what can we do now?

I want the pictures on Lightroom.....

Adobe Community Professional
Correct answer by Just Shoot Me | Adobe Community Professional

Convert them to DNG files with the free DNG converter program from Adobe. Get the newest version of the DNG converter program. 9.9.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more

RAW in lightroom

New Here ,
Mar 12, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

My friend had a Nikon D7200 and I a Nikon D7100.  For my 7100 there is no problem.

But if we want to put the pictures from my friend on lightroom in RAW, he doesn't find them.

I have Lightroom 5.7.1, the latest update for Lightroom 5.

Adobe Community Professional
Correct answer by Just Shoot Me | Adobe Community Professional

Convert them to DNG files with the free DNG converter program from Adobe. Get the newest version of the DNG converter program. 9.9.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
Adobe Community Professional ,
Mar 12, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
LEGEND ,
Mar 12, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

hannelored91408214  wrote

You can purchase Lightroom 6 or Lightroom CC, or as stated above, use the free Adobe DNG Converter version 9.9.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 11, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have a similar issue. I used 5.7.1 with D7100 without any issues. I then upgraded to a D810 and had no issue. Now with a D7200 it won't read the RAW files? Is there any update for the .NEF file compatibility?

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Adobe Community Professional ,
Jul 11, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Not for LR 5.x.x.

Your only options are to use the latest DNG coverter (it is FREE) or subscribe to the Photography plan subscription.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines