• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

RAW & JPG files combined in Lightroom Classic

Enthusiast ,
Aug 16, 2019 Aug 16, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

On a recent import of photos into LR, I had taken the shots in both RAW and JPG. The images show in LR as a file name, for example DSC01597.ARW+JPEG but I can't see the RAW or JPG version separately. To be honest I am not sure if the image I am seeing is the JPG or RAW version. When I look at the photo folder from Explorer, both version are there so why can't I see them from LR. BTW, just in case, I un-stacked to no avail.

Message was edited by: Sahil Chawla

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Enthusiast ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Just noticed if I rest my mouse on the image, it's the RAW version that I see.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Bob,

That does not sound good, let us help make this right.

Could you please have a look at this forum thread and let us know if it helps?

Why did Lightroom combine my RAW+JPG?1

Regards,
Sahil

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You can only access the raw and jpeg files separately in Lightroom if you check the preference in Preferences->General to that jpeg files next to raw files as separate. This preference only affects newly imported files so your already imported files can't easily be separated. It can be done but it is a bit of a pain to do. So simply check the preference and any imports after that the jpeg files will come in separately and can be seen and edited separately. If you keep the preference unchecked, the jpeg file gets used as a sidecar file but is ignored for everything else.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Enthusiast ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

OK...I think I have it solved. The jpg version was not visible in LR, but was in the folder I imported to. Went into Preferences and changed to show jpg and raw separately. Went to Import and lo and behold, the jpg versions were able to be imported. No idea why the original import brought in only the RAW files.

I will take a couple shots and test.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Enthusiast ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Test shot done in jpg and RAW. The import screen shows both versions and both imported just fine.It seems my issue is resolved and thanks for all of your help.,

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines