• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

re-connection of smart preview ?

New Here ,
Jan 28, 2021 Jan 28, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

hello, I would like to re-connect the smart previews to my catalog.
I see the smart preview file but Lr lost it.
how to do from the catalog? to search for it manually? because I have a lot of photos in the catalog and it would take overnight to recreate all the smart previews.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

First of all, embed screenshots so people do not have to download them to see them, do not attach them. Use this:

Embed screenshot.jpg

Secondly, I'm not sure how you conclude that Lighroom has lost the connection of any smart preview. You have selected 1000+ photos. Lightroom is telling you that 977+ have smart previews and that none of them is an original. That leaves 23+ as missing, just like one would expect.

You probably confuse smart previews and normal previews. You can not 'see' smart previews. Smart previews are proxies for your originals, so you can work on the image if the original is offline. What you are seeing in Lightroom are normal previews. These two are not the same.

-- Johan W. Elzenga

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You can also regenerate Smart Previews. Library->Previews->Build Smart Previews

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Yes, but note that you can only do that if you have the originals available. 

-- Johan W. Elzenga

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines