• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Re: Images being ruined by Lightroom

New Here ,
Nov 25, 2020 Nov 25, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Has anyone fixed this issue? I know it's now two years later - but guess what? My lightroom Classic V10 is now doing this exact thing. Corrupting my photos randomly. So, to prove its LIGHTROOM and not my card, card reader, HDD or cables, I always shoot to both cards XQD and SD in back up on my Nikon D850. Imported both sets of images one on an XQD card reader from XQD, the other on the native card slot on my laptop from SD. Both sets imported to two different HDD, one an SSD the other a standard HDD connected via USB3. Guess what? Images are being corrupted once they are imported into Lightroom regardless of what card, card reader, cable, HDD etc. I open the cards and the images appear fine and open in Photoshop without corruption. Adobe has clearly ruined Lightroom with this latest update - not to mention how SLOW it is now... Time to stop paying for a sub standard program... What a load of rubbish LR has become now... its literally costing me hours of work and losing clients now too... How do I bring a law suit into this now???? Hmmmm....

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Nov 26, 2020 Nov 26, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Lightroom Classic never writes to the image portion of your original files.

It could be your memory chips that have malfunctioned causing this. It could be the malfunction is in your camera, it is not writing the photos to the cards properly.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You had replied to a conversation that was 2+ years old. I branched your post to a New conversation.

As stated by dj_paige it could be any of those reasons.

But it also could be caused by you using the option in the LrC preference to use the GPU. Turn that option off, if it is on, and test. If it isn't the GPU detting then you have a Hardware problem of one kind or another.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Please post your System Information as Lightroom Classic (LrC) reports it. In LrC click on Help, then System Info, then Copy. Paste that information into a reply. Please present all information from first line down to and including Plug-in Info. Info after Plug-in info can be cut as that is just so much dead space to us non-Techs.

Please_Post_Your_Sys_Info_as_LrC_reports_it.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Are older existing imports corrupted?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Have you considered resetting the preference file? The preference file can get corrupted leading to odd behavior. The preference file is not replaced during updates/upgrades/reinstalls. Note that doing this will cause preference settings to revert to defaults (not the purpose, just a possible side effect)

https://helpx.adobe.com/lightroom-classic/help/setting-preferences-lightroom.html

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Screenhots of the issue would help

Please_Use_This_Button_to_insert_Images.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I know you aren't going to believe this, but it's impossible for Lightroom Classic to corrupt your images because it doesn't ever make any changes to the master files that you import. All the import process does is reference  the images and add them to a database so that Lightroom Classic knows where they are. All of the adjustments are simply stored in the catalog, which is a database. The fact that some of the images are becoming corrupted is an indication that there is a problem with Your system, either a hard drive going bad or an aging SD card. You need to be doing some computer detective work.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines