• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Re: Lightroom 6.14 with LR using Camera Raw 10.1

New Here ,
Jul 12, 2021 Jul 12, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I can no longer go from Lightroom 6.14 to Photoshop CS6 without getting the message : 

This version of Lightroom may require the Photoshop Camera Raw plug-in version 10.1

for full compatability.

I have CS6 stand alone and I started getting this message after I reloaded the software for both.

Any ideas how to resolve this problem?  I downloaded ACR 10.5 but still getting this message.

Thanks

[Mod: Break fro, an older existing thread]

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@patp67281930 

Please create a brand new thread for this question, and then describe the problem completely.

Thanks, moderator!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Every Lightroom version has a specific version of ACR built into the application it is not something you can update. You are seeing that message because PS CS probably has an earlier version of the ACR Plugin.

Click on Lightroom in the menubar and select About Lightroom and you should get a popup like the screen capture, which will show the version of Camera Raw. In the error message, you get there should be an option to open anyway click on that and a tiff/psd file will be created with your Lr edits and send it to PS for further editing.

Screenshot 2021-07-12 at 10.03.30 AM.png

Regards, Denis: iMac 27” mid-2015, macOS 11.7.10 Big Sur; 2TB SSD, 24 GB Ram, GPU 2 GB; LrC 12.5, Lr 6.5, PS 24.7,; ACR 15.5,; Camera OM-D E-M1

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

As has been explained, the Camera Raw engine is built in to Lightroom. Lightroom cannot be updated with the plug-in. The most recent version of the plug-in that Photoshop CS6 can utilize is Camera Raw 9.1.1. Consequently, Lightroom and Photoshop are not "in sync" as far as capabilities are concerned, and there is nothing you can do about it because neither version of the program you are using is in production nor supported by Adobe anymore. If there is an option to not show that message again, that would be your best option to select. Otherwise, you will just have to deal with it because it is what it is. If you don't want the message then the alternative would be to subscribe to the creative cloud photography package and install updated applications.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Aug 22, 2022 Aug 22, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Nonetheless its kind of sucky/crafty that they couldn't have equipped both terminal perpetual products with the same version of ACR...

Oh, and BTW, I also get the OP's message trying to open Lumix RW2 files from LR6 into PS CS6, but it just fails silently, no tiff/psd gets generated instead - I would like to know how to enable that!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines