Highlighted

Re: lightroom classic failure to import photos [worked on W7]

New Here ,
Mar 03, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have the same problem on macOS High Sierra. It will open my old Lightroom Classic catalogues after updating them to the latest Classic, but it is unable to view any of the photos on my laptop, in order to Import them. Lightroom Classic worked fine on my Windows 7 PC (which I no longer have), and I was importing the photos in to LC that way...

Topics

Import and export

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more

Re: lightroom classic failure to import photos [worked on W7]

New Here ,
Mar 03, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have the same problem on macOS High Sierra. It will open my old Lightroom Classic catalogues after updating them to the latest Classic, but it is unable to view any of the photos on my laptop, in order to Import them. Lightroom Classic worked fine on my Windows 7 PC (which I no longer have), and I was importing the photos in to LC that way...

Topics

Import and export

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
New Here ,
Mar 03, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have the latest Lightroom Classic v9.2, but other versions didn't work
either. It must be a year or two since I have been unable to import. Tried
via my laptop, external drive and SC card. But I was able to use my
Windows7 PC to upload, which I got rid of.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 03, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have the latest Lightroom Classic v9.2, but other versions didn't work either. It must be a year or two since I have been unable to import. Tried via my laptop MacOC High Sierra, external drive and SC card. However I was able to import using my Windows7 PC.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
LEGEND ,
Mar 03, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Are you now using W10? Is it a new computer or did you upgrade from W7 to W10?

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Adobe Community Professional ,
Mar 03, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What it sounds like is you are actually opening an Older version of LR Classic, the Traditional version of LR, and NOT the newer version, 9.2, on your Mac. And that older version dioes not support whatever camera you used and are trying to import the images from.

Make sure you are opening LR Classic 9.2 by going to the Help menu and selecting System Info. What does it say as the version number.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines