Highlighted

Re: New Mac , I can't get Lightroom 6 to open so I can transfer everything to my new LR cc .

Adobe Community Professional ,
Aug 19, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If you have Mac OS Catalina, then you cannot install Lightroom Version 6.

If you subscribe to the Photography Plan that includes Lightroom-CLASSIC (v9.4) then your Catalog from v6 will update and open in Lr-Classic, and you carry on as before. You would need your Catalog and all Photos copied to the new Mac.

Move Lightroom to a new computer? | The Lightroom Queen 

If you only subscribe to Lightroom (the Cloud based v3.4) you will not be able to open your LR6 catalogs. But a work-around is to Install Lr-Classic (as a 7-day trial), upgrade your v6 Catalogs, then 'Migrate' your files to the Cloud ecosystem.

So the questions are-

What is your new Mac OS version number?

Do you subscribe to a Photography Plan?

Which Plan?

Do you want all your photos 'migrated' up to Cloud storage?

Or do you want to keep all your files 'local' on your hard-drive?

Regards. My System: Lr-Classic 9.4, Lightroom 3.4, Photoshop 2020 (21.2.1), Nikon DSLR, Windows-10.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more

Re: New Mac , I can't get Lightroom 6 to open so I can transfer everything to my new LR cc .

Adobe Community Professional ,
Aug 19, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If you have Mac OS Catalina, then you cannot install Lightroom Version 6.

If you subscribe to the Photography Plan that includes Lightroom-CLASSIC (v9.4) then your Catalog from v6 will update and open in Lr-Classic, and you carry on as before. You would need your Catalog and all Photos copied to the new Mac.

Move Lightroom to a new computer? | The Lightroom Queen 

If you only subscribe to Lightroom (the Cloud based v3.4) you will not be able to open your LR6 catalogs. But a work-around is to Install Lr-Classic (as a 7-day trial), upgrade your v6 Catalogs, then 'Migrate' your files to the Cloud ecosystem.

So the questions are-

What is your new Mac OS version number?

Do you subscribe to a Photography Plan?

Which Plan?

Do you want all your photos 'migrated' up to Cloud storage?

Or do you want to keep all your files 'local' on your hard-drive?

Regards. My System: Lr-Classic 9.4, Lightroom 3.4, Photoshop 2020 (21.2.1), Nikon DSLR, Windows-10.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
New Here ,
Aug 19, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks.
I now know I need to go with LR Classic and will switch plans.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines