• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Re-occuring keyword when importing to lightroom classic

Community Beginner ,
Jun 20, 2020 Jun 20, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am using LR Classic 9.3. before I import I usually add a keyword but when it uploads into my library there are two keywords but one of them does not refer to the folder. It is a keyword I already have in my list (same one each time) I delete it and sync metadata but it happens next time I import another folder. Any help would be greatly appreciated

TOPICS
Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Jun 20, 2020 Jun 20, 2020

You probably have hierarchical keywords in Lightroom Classic. If you add keywords to an image in another way before you import the image in Lightroom, then you must take that hierarchy into account. So for example you must add 'Paris' as 'France > Paris' if your keyword hierarchy has Paris as child keyword of France. If you don't do this, then the 'Paris' keyword will be added as a new root keyword.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,
Jun 20, 2020 Jun 20, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

You probably have hierarchical keywords in Lightroom Classic. If you add keywords to an image in another way before you import the image in Lightroom, then you must take that hierarchy into account. So for example you must add 'Paris' as 'France > Paris' if your keyword hierarchy has Paris as child keyword of France. If you don't do this, then the 'Paris' keyword will be added as a new root keyword.

-- Johan W. Elzenga

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines