• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Re-sync images from Lightroom Mobile to Lightroom Classic?

New Here ,
Oct 05, 2020 Oct 05, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello,

I recently made a mistake by deleting a folder on my PC that contained synced images from Lightroom mobile. Now, understandably, lightroom classic on my PC thinks the images are missing. However, when I log into lightroom mobile those images still exist and I can view/edit/download the original files.

My question is how do I tell lightroom classic on my PC to re-sync or re-download those 'missing' images?

At the moment its lightroom thinks that it's all synced and giving me the green tick.

Any suggestions are greatly greatly appreciated.

TOPICS
Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Oct 10, 2020 Oct 10, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Are these phone images or camera images that you synced using Collections? If it is the latter what you are seeing in Lr mobile are Smart Previews not your original images. Did you empty your trash bin? That would be the best case scenario as you  can restore the folder back to where it was. Do you have a backup of your pc? If you do you may  also have access to that folder.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 23, 2020 Oct 23, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi,

Thank you very much for your reply.

These images were taken on the phone. I don't quite get where lightroom stores the synced files from my phone. My understanding is that when I take a photo on my phone it creates a copy of the original in the cloud then leaves a Smart Preview on my phone but also downloads the original file to my computer (synced through collections as you say). Is this right?

Luckily I did have a recent copy of this folder I was able to drop back in place but I still think this is a flaw.

I have since found two different long-winded ways to almost solve it.

Firstly, you can delete the image from the lightroom library on the phone then re-import it. Downsides are that you still need to have a copy of the photo, can only do small batches at a time, lose all edits.

Secondly, you can download the original file from Lightroom CC using a web browser then put the photo in the folder and tell lightroom to link it to the missing photo. Downsides are that you have to download each photo individually.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines