Aug 11, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I used folder structure in LRC catolgue (and HDD):

• year/month/day - name

Now I would like to rename my whole fodler structure to this:

• year/month_day - name

Poznámka 2020-08-11 094338.png

How can I locate multiple missing folders that are renamed? I can re-sync whole catalogue, but that breaks links on online services. Option "find missing folder" works great, but I cannot imagine doing it on every single folder (I have over 300 renamed folders).

Is it even possible?

TOPICS
How to, Import and export, Problem or error, Sync

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more

Re-sync multiple renamed folders

Explorer ,
Aug 11, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I used folder structure in LRC catolgue (and HDD):

• year/month/day - name

Now I would like to rename my whole fodler structure to this:

• year/month_day - name

Poznámka 2020-08-11 094338.png

How can I locate multiple missing folders that are renamed? I can re-sync whole catalogue, but that breaks links on online services. Option "find missing folder" works great, but I cannot imagine doing it on every single folder (I have over 300 renamed folders).

Is it even possible?

TOPICS
How to, Import and export, Problem or error, Sync

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
Aug 11, 2020 0
Adobe Community Professional ,
Aug 11, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You should have thought of that and asked your help before you renamed the folders, I'm afraid. Using 'Find Missing Folder' is the only option. Resyncing the whole catalog will not only break links with online services, it will also make you lose all edits and metadata (unless you saved these to the files before you proceeded with the renaming). Do you have a backup copy of the images (and I do mean the images in their original folder structure, not the catalog)?

-- Johan W. Elzenga, http://www.johanfoto.com

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Aug 11, 2020 0
Explorer ,
Aug 11, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

All my edits are in xmp files so re-sync keeps metadata and edits. Even breaking online services would be ok (I'm not using it since koken and LR/Instagram are dead). But sync in export folders is deal break for me. So it looks like I have to stick with old folder structure.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Aug 11, 2020 0
GoldingD LATEST
LEGEND ,
Aug 11, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

see part 2 in:

http://www.computer-darkroom.com/lr2_find_folder/find-folder.htm

Just another Adobe customer; My Sys; APP: LRC 10.0, PS 22.0; CMP: WIN WS 16GB OS 10 v1909 (18363), mid 2015 MBPr 15” 16GB MACOS 10.15.7; 4K EXT DSPY; CAM: Canon 5D Mk III, Fuji X-T3

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Aug 11, 2020 0