Highlighted

REALLY REALLY trivial thing with ISO dependent preset

Contributor ,
Jun 18, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This one really IS trivial...  Latest stupid human trick.  Yesterday I created an ISO dependent preset.  Worked fine except I had the sharpening wrong at one ISO.  So, I grabbed the same half dozen images, 1 each shot at ISO 64, 125, 250, 400, 800 and 1600, fixed the sharpening, and recreated it.

I SAW the line at the bottom that SAID "Create ISO dependent preset", but THAT didn't bother me.

Fast forward to making sure it works...  It doesn't.  EVERYBODY is getting the noise reduction settings from the LAST image in the group of images I used.

Opened the xmp file in the editor to find NO ISO dependent section and realized, once again, I'm a donkey.

Recreated it WITH the box checked and now it's happy...

MAYBE Adobe could popup a warning if you have several images at different ISO values selected, and you HAVEN'T checked the ISO dependent box.  Just to let you know you MAY be doing something "less than optimal" (that sounds better than stupid)...

Topics

Problem or error

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more

REALLY REALLY trivial thing with ISO dependent preset

Contributor ,
Jun 18, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This one really IS trivial...  Latest stupid human trick.  Yesterday I created an ISO dependent preset.  Worked fine except I had the sharpening wrong at one ISO.  So, I grabbed the same half dozen images, 1 each shot at ISO 64, 125, 250, 400, 800 and 1600, fixed the sharpening, and recreated it.

I SAW the line at the bottom that SAID "Create ISO dependent preset", but THAT didn't bother me.

Fast forward to making sure it works...  It doesn't.  EVERYBODY is getting the noise reduction settings from the LAST image in the group of images I used.

Opened the xmp file in the editor to find NO ISO dependent section and realized, once again, I'm a donkey.

Recreated it WITH the box checked and now it's happy...

MAYBE Adobe could popup a warning if you have several images at different ISO values selected, and you HAVEN'T checked the ISO dependent box.  Just to let you know you MAY be doing something "less than optimal" (that sounds better than stupid)...

Topics

Problem or error

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
99jon LATEST
LEGEND ,
Jun 18, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yeah, I imagine that would be frustrating. Why not make a feature request at the feedback forum.

https://feedback.photoshop.com/photoshop_family/categories

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines