Highlighted

rearrange a filter collection

Community Beginner ,
Oct 15, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello all,

I'm not sure I use the proper approach to file management, but here's a simple overview of my problem:

I shoot, I import, I do a first edit by identifying pictures worth further consideration by giving them 5- star rating.  Kinda like separating the wheat from the chafe.

This 5-star filter group has gotten quite lengthy on my "timeline??".  Perhaps 400 photos?  I would like to move them around so all my "nature" shots are together and all my "urban" shots are together.  Right now they seem to fall into chronological order of when the shot was taken (although recently I saw that some new 5-star images didn't dutifully go to the end of the "timeline" but rather jumped into the timeline at a chronological spot of 3 years ago.)

But I'm hesitant to touch anything as I've learned the hard way with message "file not found."

Any help greatly appreciated.  Robert

Question: 

{Moved from Lightroom Cloud to Lightroom Classic Forum by Moderator} 

TOPICS
How to

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more

rearrange a filter collection

Community Beginner ,
Oct 15, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello all,

I'm not sure I use the proper approach to file management, but here's a simple overview of my problem:

I shoot, I import, I do a first edit by identifying pictures worth further consideration by giving them 5- star rating.  Kinda like separating the wheat from the chafe.

This 5-star filter group has gotten quite lengthy on my "timeline??".  Perhaps 400 photos?  I would like to move them around so all my "nature" shots are together and all my "urban" shots are together.  Right now they seem to fall into chronological order of when the shot was taken (although recently I saw that some new 5-star images didn't dutifully go to the end of the "timeline" but rather jumped into the timeline at a chronological spot of 3 years ago.)

But I'm hesitant to touch anything as I've learned the hard way with message "file not found."

Any help greatly appreciated.  Robert

Question: 

{Moved from Lightroom Cloud to Lightroom Classic Forum by Moderator} 

TOPICS
How to

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
Oct 15, 2020 0
LEGEND ,
Oct 15, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You don't "move them around". You assign keywords to them. Then if you just want "nature" shots, you have Lightroom Classic select photos that have the keyword "nature".

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Oct 15, 2020 0
Community Beginner ,
Oct 15, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you.  I understand the use of key words.  Can that be done if I highlight several hundred photos?  i.e. a key stroke of sorts?  Or am I stuck with assigning individual keywords to single images? 

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Oct 15, 2020 0
dj_paige LATEST
LEGEND ,
Oct 15, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If you select multiple images in the Grid view, and assign a keyword, all the selected images get that keyword.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Oct 15, 2020 0