• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Rearranged Order Reverts When Exporting

Community Beginner ,
Jul 28, 2020 Jul 28, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

When I do a wedding I use different cameras. I have to rearrange the photos from 3 sources to be in chronological order of the wedding so they aren't all over the place when the client views them. When I export the photos in the rearranged order, they revert to the original order that they were in before I rearranged them. How do I export my new order so they stay in that order? Here's what I have tried: Changing the name of the files in export and removing all metadata. I thought, "maybe it's the time stamp." So I tried Edit Capture Time. Seems like "Edit Capture Time" in the metadata tab would have fixed it after removing all metadata but it doesn't work because when editing capture time across several selected photos, it changes all selected photos by the same amount of time. So unless I individually change the time for several hundred photos one at a time, it wont do anything but change the hour and adjust accordingly. How to I change the order of the photos and export them in that same order?  

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Jul 28, 2020 Jul 28, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

When working with multiple cameras, I always name the files yyyymmdd_hhmmss_nnnn.* so that sorting by name and by capture timestamp are the same thing.

If LrC is not letting you change the EXIF data as needed, try ExifTool from https://ExifTool.org  

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines