Highlighted

Recadrage perdu lors de l'exportation d'une photo

New Here ,
Sep 09, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Bonjour,

j'ai recardé une photo dans Lr 5.0.

Lorsque je l'exporte en .jpg, pas de problème, sauf que la taille est un peu faible (3 Mo).

Lorsque j'exporte en .dng ou en .nef, le recadrage est perdu, je me retrouve avec la photo entière ...

Merci de votre aide.

CDR71

Adobe Community Professional
Correct answer by Per Berntsen | Adobe Community Professional

When I export it in .jpg, no problem, except that the size is a bit small (3 MB).

The file size of jpgs can vary greatly, even when pixel dimensions and the quality setting are the same.

Images with large, flat or smooth areas will have a small file size, images with lots of sharp, busy detail (or noise) will have a large file size. So provided that you have exported with a reasonably high quality setting, file size is not something to worry about.

When I export .dng and .nef, cropping is lost, I find myself with the whole photo

Exporting as Original or DNG will export the unedited, original file.

According to the user manual, How to export Lightroom files to disk or CD proprietary raw files (NEF) will be exported with an xmp file containing the edits. The xmp file can (as far as I know) only be read by Adobe applications.

I'm guessing that for DNG, the xmp data will be written to the header of the file, but again, only Adobe apps can read it.

Is there any particular reason that you want to export as NEF or DNG?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more

Recadrage perdu lors de l'exportation d'une photo

New Here ,
Sep 09, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Bonjour,

j'ai recardé une photo dans Lr 5.0.

Lorsque je l'exporte en .jpg, pas de problème, sauf que la taille est un peu faible (3 Mo).

Lorsque j'exporte en .dng ou en .nef, le recadrage est perdu, je me retrouve avec la photo entière ...

Merci de votre aide.

CDR71

Adobe Community Professional
Correct answer by Per Berntsen | Adobe Community Professional

When I export it in .jpg, no problem, except that the size is a bit small (3 MB).

The file size of jpgs can vary greatly, even when pixel dimensions and the quality setting are the same.

Images with large, flat or smooth areas will have a small file size, images with lots of sharp, busy detail (or noise) will have a large file size. So provided that you have exported with a reasonably high quality setting, file size is not something to worry about.

When I export .dng and .nef, cropping is lost, I find myself with the whole photo

According to the user manual, How to export Lightroom files to disk or CD proprietary raw files (NEF) will be exported with an xmp file containing the edits. The xmp file can (as far as I know) only be read by Adobe applications.

I'm guessing that for DNG, the xmp data will be written to the header of the file, but again, only Adobe apps can read it.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
Sep 09, 2017 0
Adobe Community Professional ,
Sep 09, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Sep 09, 2017 0