Highlighted

Recover lightroom export actions ( user made presets )

New Here ,
May 25, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I made a few changes to lightroom today atempting to speed it up.

1. Backed up the lightroom catalog
2. Cleared the raw cache

3. Increased the raw cache to 25gb

4. Deleted both, the preview and smart preview folders on my desktop (containing previews and smart previews) forcing lightroom to rebuild them

5. Opened lightroom, rebuild regular previews and smart previews for the whole catalog

6. Edited some photos and went to export them only to realize that all of my user export preset settings have disappeared.

7. Opened previously backed up catalogs to see if I could find the export settings stored within them (they are not)

Diving a little deeper, I found where those settings are stored, "export actions". I found that that folder as well as "watermarks" and "settings" had both been modified today 2020-05-25 (I did not touch them on the desktop, only the tasks I mentioned above) whereas the all other folders in -C:\Users\ace03\Desktop\Adobe\Photoshop Lightroom 6.0\transfer 2- were modified 2020-04-12 (my last backup, prior to todays). I dont understand why my export settings would have magically disappeared. Could anybody provide an explination or, even better, a recovery method to get them back?

To confirm the only 2 folders in my recycling bin are the previews and smart previews folders.

Please help
-Nick

Topics

Bug, How to, Import and export, Presets or profiles, Problem or error, Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more

Recover lightroom export actions ( user made presets )

New Here ,
May 25, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I made a few changes to lightroom today atempting to speed it up.

1. Backed up the lightroom catalog
2. Cleared the raw cache

3. Increased the raw cache to 25gb

4. Deleted both, the preview and smart preview folders on my desktop (containing previews and smart previews) forcing lightroom to rebuild them

5. Opened lightroom, rebuild regular previews and smart previews for the whole catalog

6. Edited some photos and went to export them only to realize that all of my user export preset settings have disappeared.

7. Opened previously backed up catalogs to see if I could find the export settings stored within them (they are not)

Diving a little deeper, I found where those settings are stored, "export actions". I found that that folder as well as "watermarks" and "settings" had both been modified today 2020-05-25 (I did not touch them on the desktop, only the tasks I mentioned above) whereas the all other folders in -C:\Users\ace03\Desktop\Adobe\Photoshop Lightroom 6.0\transfer 2- were modified 2020-04-12 (my last backup, prior to todays). I dont understand why my export settings would have magically disappeared. Could anybody provide an explination or, even better, a recovery method to get them back?

To confirm the only 2 folders in my recycling bin are the previews and smart previews folders.

Please help
-Nick

Topics

Bug, How to, Import and export, Presets or profiles, Problem or error, Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
acer9876 LATEST
New Here ,
May 26, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Issue resolved. Apparently I also stored my presets within the catalog ( no idea what this actually does ) but I unchecked the box and all presets are available again. Thank you

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines