• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Recover Quick Collection?

New Here ,
Sep 18, 2020 Sep 18, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Is there a way to recover your quick collection if you accidentally cleared it? I store a lot of photos I'm currently working on within my Quick Collection, but I mistakenly hit the hot key I think and I've done too many actions since hitting it and can no longer just Undo to get it back. PLEASE let me know if you have a fix

TOPICS
Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Advocate ,
Sep 18, 2020 Sep 18, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm pretty sure this will be gone.

Any chance of a backup you could get to?

However, can you post the shortcut keys used, as they are not mentioned above?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Sep 19, 2020 Sep 19, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The keyboard shortcut to Clear the Quick Collection is Ctrl + Shift + B which is a very Odd combo of keys.

So unless you somehow hit all those keys at the same time, by Accident, I doubt it was that shortcut that removed all images from the Quick Collection. Also that only works for the actual Quick Collection entry in the Catalog section of the Library module. If you set some other collection, Any other Collection, as the Target collection that keyboard shortcut does nothing.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Sep 19, 2020 Sep 19, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

You can also clear the quick collection with a mouse action.

You can try Ctrl-Z once or many times. But this could also remove some valuable work you did after the accidental deletion.

If that doesn't work, I'm pretty sure if you don't have a backup of the catalog file that contains the quick collection before you accidentally erased it, then it is gone.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines