• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Recover trashed files Mac Catalina 10.15.7

New Here ,
Oct 21, 2020 Oct 21, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Inadvertantly I moved 30 images to trash on my Mac.  An Adobe support person told me to highlight the trashed files, right click, and select restore, and drag the files to the folder. Operating on the latest release of Catalina, there is no Restore option, or any similar option. Is there a bulk. Restore option?  Clearly I can drag them to Desktop and recover them one at a time, but that is so time consuming. My LR files are on an external drive. Thanks for any help.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Oct 21, 2020 Oct 21, 2020

In Catalina the command is 'Put Back'.

Assuming you haven't emptied the Trash, then simply select the images in the trash folder, then choose 'Put Back' (see attached screesnhot). The images will then be returned to their original location.

restore-1.png

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

In Catalina the command is 'Put Back'.

Assuming you haven't emptied the Trash, then simply select the images in the trash folder, then choose 'Put Back' (see attached screesnhot). The images will then be returned to their original location.

restore-1.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi Ian, 

Thanks for your reply. Unfortunately Catalina 10.15.7. no longer has Put Back as an option, otherwise I would have used it. Fortunately, I did not delete my trash, and as a precaution I never re-format my SD cards, so the original CR2's are downloadable. Still, it would be better if the Put Back option were put back.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines