• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Recovered Photos

New Here ,
Aug 13, 2020 Aug 13, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello.    I am in the process of recovering photos from a drive that went bad.    I may have multiple filetypes for each photo (RAW, PSD and JPG).   Is there a way that Lightroom may be able to recognize the photos and match them up should I decide to import them?   I am working on regorganizing my files and if Lightroom has a way of identifying matching photos it will be a HUGE time saver.  

Thanks!

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Lightroom can only "recognize" images is if it can associate them with a catalog. If you are not using Lightroom and a catalog to recover these images then there is not much sense in trying to integrate Lightroom into the process.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Contributor ,
Aug 14, 2020 Aug 14, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST
There are multiple ways. One is below:

First : select what to import : jpg, PSD...
Second : synchronize your catalog with the folder and LR will detect similar images ( same name but different extension) and ask you to decide what to do

The only Caveat : it does not allow to creature stacks.

I am hoping Adobe will sometime in the future add the possibility to create stacks from imports of similar images.

Best Regards
Eric Pecquerie
Sent from my iPad Pro

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines