Exit

Red and blue artifacts randomly appears in LR CC Classic and exported photos

Community Beginner ,
Nov 07, 2018 Nov 07, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LR_CC_Classic_artifact.jpg

Hi,

we have been experiencing a weird issue since a month or so. some blue or red rectangle will show up in images randomly while we are browsing files in LR. When we can see them if we change photo and come back it will disappear. If they are present in a preview they will be exported and then in photoshop or any image viewer the rectangle will be present. They are not present on the original files.

This problem happens pretty much randomly and doesn't seem to be tied to any specific gear we use. We shoot with over a dozen different 7D and 7D MK II, the memory cards are all new and rotated, some photos are transferred by USB cable and some by card readers. The photos are first imported on at least 3 to 4 different computer. They are however calibrated and retouched on the same computer here at our HO. The Graphics Processor option is disabled in LR CC Classic.

Any idea how to fix this problem? We are currently managing 3000 to 9000 photos per week in LR and it is pretty troublesome right now.

Thank you

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Beginner , Jan 09, 2019 Jan 09, 2019

The Adobe team pushed an update a month ago and the problem was fixed. After a couple thousands of exported files the issue hasn't been seen again on our end.

Votes

Translate

Translate
LEGEND ,
Nov 07, 2018 Nov 07, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This is the third time that I know of that someone has reported this exact bug. I suggest you file an official bug report with Adobe. Lightroom Classic CC | Photoshop Family Customer Community

Here is one other report of this same bug: Artifacts when exporting images

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Nov 08, 2018 Nov 08, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have already checked all the other threads on the issue and they did not contain anything that helped on our side. I will leave an official bug report with Adobe(I thought I was at the right place )

Here is some more info on my system specs that weren't included in my original post

Windows 10 - Business Edition 64-bit v.10.0.17763

Lightroom CC Classic 64-bits v.8.0 Build 1193777

Intel i7-7700 3.6ghz processor

8gb RAM

HD Graphics 630 (24.20.100.6286)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 08, 2018 Nov 08, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I’ve been getting the same thing in Lightroom CC in my iPhone X, also for about the last couple of months (since the last update?) found this thread searching for an answer. The red And blue recangles don’t show up at all on the same photos in Lightroom on my iPad or MacBook, only the iPhone. Sometimes they go away when I browse to different photos and come back, sometimes they only appear at certain zoom levels, once in a while they move to a different part of the photo, and sometimes they just don’t go away. It also seems like they first appear when I start to edit a photo in the app, specifically enter the crop tool, but I’ll need to keep an eye on this to confirm.  It also only happens with photos I’ve imported, I haven’t noticed it at all on photos I’ve taken with the app’s Camera. Since it appears to be only in the display on my phone and not in the files I’ve tried removing/re-downloading affected photos, which didn’t help at all, and just this morning I deleted and re-installed the app - which seems to have cleared the previously affected photos but they still pop up randomly on others.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 02, 2018 Dec 02, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Good day,

I am also experiencing this event randomly. I shot with a Canon 5D MIV and expired the images directly to my Android device. I'm not getting the same artifact on the iPad when I look at the same image. It also does not show up on the original image in Google photos. It looks like it is only present in the app, when I exported it to the phone's gallery it wasn't there. It is a huge distraction on the app though

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 04, 2018 Dec 04, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I’m experiencing exactly the same thing as everyone has said above.  It’s totally random.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Dec 05, 2018 Dec 05, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Adobe has acknowledged this bug -- see this bug report: Lightroom Classic: Red and blue artifacts randomly appear on previews and exported photos | Photosho... . Please add details of your issue to the bug report, including the first ten lines of the menu command Help > System Info. Be sure to click Me Too and Follow. That will make it a little more likely Adobe will prioritize a fix, and you'll be notified when the bug's status changes.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jan 09, 2019 Jan 09, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The Adobe team pushed an update a month ago and the problem was fixed. After a couple thousands of exported files the issue hasn't been seen again on our end.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Aug 05, 2019 Aug 05, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Its August 2019 and the problem persist. WHAT THE HECK ADOBE!!!!?
It's messing up with my editing and I need to push these photos ASAP..

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Do the menu command Help > System Info. If you're not on LR 8.3.1, then do Help > Updates to update to 8.3.1.  If you are on 8.3.1, then you should post a fresh bug report in the official Adobe feedback forum: Lightroom Classic | Photoshop Family Customer Community . Adobe product developers read everything posted there and engage with bug reports, but they rarely participate in this forum. In your bug report, be sure to include the first ten lines from Help > System Info and a screenshot of what you're seeing.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Lightroom version: 2.3 [ 20190502-0902-47ed471 ] (May  3 2019)

Operating system: Windows 10

OS Version: 10.0 [17134]

Application architecture: x64

System architecture: x64

Logical processor count: 12

Processor speed: 3.6 GHz

Built-in memory: 16246.8 MB

Real memory available to Lightroom: 16246.8 MB

Real memory used by Lightroom: 3145.9 MB (19.3%)

Virtual memory used by Lightroom: 3960.1 MB

Memory cache size: 0.0 MB

Internal Camera Raw version: 11.3 [ 197 ]

Maximum thread count used by Camera Raw: 7

Camera Raw SIMD optimization: SSE2,AVX,AVX2

Camera Raw virtual memory: 2492MB / 8123MB (30%)

Camera Raw real memory: 2494MB / 16246MB (15%)

System DPI setting: 96 DPI

Desktop composition enabled: Yes

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You're on Lightroom (the cloud-focused "new" Lightroom), not Lightroom Classic (this forum is for Lightroom Classic). You should thus post your bug report in the official Adobe feedback forum for Lightroom (the cloud-focused Lightroom): Lightroom Desktop (Cloud-based) | Photoshop Family Customer Community

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have both

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have both

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 04, 2020 May 04, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

I have been experiencing same issue, some blue or red rectangle show up in images randomly files in LR after export.  If they are present in a preview they will be exported and then in photoshop or any image viewer the rectangle will be present. They are not present on the original files. I have 8.4 version and the problem is not solved.... May 2020

Thank you

LRT_00147.jpg

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
May 04, 2020 May 04, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

If you read the thread you will see this issue was fixed in a version later than yours.  8.4 will never be fixed.  You need to update to 9.2.1.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines