• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

RED SCREEN when viewing images in Lightroom Classic on macOS

New Here ,
Jul 09, 2021 Jul 09, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I saw that people complained about this problem in Photoshop, but I have facing the red screen problem on Ligthroom constantly. My computer has been updated and the GPU changed by Apple but the problem remains. Is there anything that Adobe is being done to solve this issue?

{Thread title edited by moderator}

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

We're sorry about the trouble with Lightroom Classic. Would you mind sharing the version of Lightroom Classic you're using along with your computers macOS version? Do you experience the same behavior with the option to Use Graphics Processor disabled from Lightroom Classic? If you haven't tried that, please try it by going to Preferences, then Performance. Once done, quit & relaunch Lightroom Classic to check if that helps.

If the issue persists, you can try to reset the preferences of Lightroom using the steps mentioned here: https://adobe.ly/2JSym5e

Please backup your presets prior to resetting the preferences.

Let us know how it goes!

Regards,

Nikunj

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 13, 2021 Jul 13, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello,

The version of the Lightroom Classic I'm using is 10.3, Camera Raw 13.3. My
iMac is currently using MAC IOS BigSur version 11,4 - 3,1 GHz 6-Core Intel
Core i5. Yes, I have been experiencing the same behavior with the option to
use Graphics Processor disabled.

My computer has been analysed by the Apple team due to this problem and
they found a problem in my logic board which was changed. I have upgraded
the memory of my computer to 40GB and my computer was formatted and
everything installed from zero but the problem remains. In addition to the
loss of work and the impact on my workflow, this problem has been really
disappointing and stressful.

I really appreciate your attention to this matter.

Regards,

Thelmå Gatuzźo

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The first thing that comes to mind is you have some overlay appearing red on your screen. If you are using Lightroom Classic (are you? you didn't say that) then press J once or twice.

If that's not it, then please provide the version NUMBER of your Lightroom Classic, the version NUMBER of your operating system (we need the version NUMBERs and not words like "current"), and provide a screen capture of the problem in your reply by clicking on the "Insert Photos" icon.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Indeed I forgot to mention, it's with Lightroom Classic. Also happens with Photoshop sometimes. Version 10.3, Camera Raw  13.3, MAC OS BIG SUR, version 11.4. My Graphics card is

Radeon Pro 575X 4 GB.

I've already turned of the GPU acceleration. Yes, I do experience the same behavior with the option to Use Graphics Processor disabled from Lightroom Classic.

IMG_8638.jpeg

IMG_8456.jpeg

IMG_8455.jpeg

  

IMG_8420.jpeg

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

As GoldingD indicated, a number of people are experiencing these symptoms on Macs, with other apps as well as LR, as reported in the official Adobe feedback forum:

https://feedback.photoshop.com/conversations/lightroom-classic/lightroom-classic-showing-red-preview... 

It's possible that LR is triggering an OS bug, or it could be unrelated to LR. Regardless, please add details of your issue to that thread and continue any further discussion there, so all the discussion is consolidated in one place.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 13, 2022 Oct 13, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I tend to run across it in Lightroom (not classic) when I'm doing crops.  Getting into crop mode and as soon as I click the mouse to start defining an area, the window goes completely red as seen above.  Hitting Esc to get out of crop gets rid of it, but when working on hundreds of pictures to tighten up, adding that to the process becomes really irritating.

I'm on a Mac also, but before bothering with the version numbers and all, I'll just point out that this has been going on for well over a year and several updates.  So I'd hazard a guess that version specifics don't matter that much.  I just finally got around to searching for an answer for it today.  😉

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Oct 13, 2022 Oct 13, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Please post your Lightroom (not Lightroom Classic) issue in the proper forum, which is the Lightroom (ecosystem) forum.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines