• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Reds are fine during editing, but after exporting to my phone they turn Orange

New Here ,
Mar 08, 2017 Mar 08, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

After developing images with red in lightroom, I put the image to photoshop to edit minor things, and then after exporting the Optimized JPEG file to my phone for use in social media, and my phone shows them as an Orange colour. I'll provide an example.

Below is the Original

20140608_172346.jpg

This is the export to the Phone

img_20170304_120051_343_32483835254_o.jpg

But, below is directly from the computer, without exporting to the phone.

evo.jpg

Any ideas on what to do or what's going on?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

LEGEND , Mar 08, 2017 Mar 08, 2017

Your LR Export is set to Color Profile ProPhoto RGB, but the application you're using to upload to phone is removing the color profile. Most applications assume sRGB profile when the file has no embedded color profile. Try changing your LR Files Settings to sRGB. That should fix it.

Votes

Translate

Translate
LEGEND ,
Mar 08, 2017 Mar 08, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Your LR Export is set to Color Profile ProPhoto RGB, but the application you're using to upload to phone is removing the color profile. Most applications assume sRGB profile when the file has no embedded color profile. Try changing your LR Files Settings to sRGB. That should fix it.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 21, 2020 Sep 21, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am still having issues with my photos having the orange tint after chaning the export settings to sRGB from LR and PS. When I view the images on my phone they are orange but the same file viewed on the laptop or desktop is normal. Am I missing something? Please help. I am really struggling to figure this out. Thank you so much!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Sep 21, 2020 Sep 21, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If the phone where using a color managed OS (like an iPhone) then yes, ProPhoto RGB would preview fine like any other color profile. But when it isn't color managed, you have to dumb everything down to sRGB and still, without color management, a mismatch can occur. 

Author “Color Management for Photographers" & "Photoshop CC Color Management/pluralsight"

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 15, 2022 Jul 15, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I'm recently experiencing the same issue and can tell you without a dought everyone else is wrong.  When you look at your photo in the develope module and it looks correct, and then there is a color shift in the library module, it means that ADOBE RAW is not working correctly.  I had to manually change white balance and color in the library module to fix the color shift and now all my exported JPG images are perfect.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines