• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Reinstall

Explorer ,
Apr 30, 2020 Apr 30, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I subscribed to Lightroom two weeks ago.  This morning when I opened my Lightroom Classic there were no images.  I followed different videos and contacted Adobe support.  Adobe support did a remote support.  He could not find my lrcat either.  I am feeling discouraged and have work to do but cannot use the programme.  I would like to uninstall and reinstall and see if that helps.   Back in the day one could get this information through their account settings and reinstall.  Can someone tell me where I might look of get help.  I am so sorry I ever gave in and subscribed.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Advocate ,
Apr 30, 2020 Apr 30, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

That sounds pretty frustrating for you.

Can you post your OS and LR version?

Can you confirm that you cannot locate your .lrcat Catalog file on your OS?

Go to Lightroom Settings > Catalog Settings for this screen shot (Mac) 

catalog storage.png

The arrow opens the storage folder in Finder or Explorer depending on OS.

This applies to each Catalog you have created.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
May 01, 2020 May 01, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If you can't find your catalog file, uninstall/re-install won't help. Have your computer do a search, using your operating system's search feature, of all disk(s) for files whose name ends with .LRCAT? Also, look in the trash/recycle bin.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you. I had done that and an old cat that only has half my photos in to the end of 2018 comes up.  Yes, I had also checked in trash.  Don't know what to do, I am lost.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

How can I add a screen shot here please.  I must be going crazy as I can't find anything.  This is my second whole day trying to sort this out.  I need to use Lightroom.  Thanks for any help.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

"Thank you. I had done that and an old cat that only has half my photos in to the end of 2018 comes up. Yes, I had also checked in trash. Don't know what to do, I am lost."

Sad to say, but if your catalog file is truly un-findable, and you don't have recent backups, then all that work is gone and it's not coming back. You don't lose your photos, those are still on your hard disk somewhere, but all edits and other work you did in Lightroom cannot be recovered.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Why would this happen out of the blue.  I was importing and using the programme two days ago and did nothing to cause this to happen.  Can you tell me how to attach a screen shot and I will show you how they look at the moment - please.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

As I was not sitting at your computer when this happened, I have no idea why it happened. It does illustrate the importance of creating regular and automated backups of all of your important files.

You can attach a screen capture here to your message in the forums by clicking on the "Insert Photos" icon in the icon bar above where you type your message.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
May 08, 2020 May 08, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

No I have not had a resolve to this issue.  Have been on Adobe remote five times now and one of their operators actually lost all the images on my hard drive from 2007 until now.  It has been a week and I cannot work.  I am very discouraged.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If you have been doing backups look for files ending in Lrcat.Zip

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you.  I have done that but when I click on it nothing happens.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You have to unzip it first.  Then the Lrcat file will show up.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I cannot unzip it.  Nothing happens when I click on it.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If you double click it than it should unzip. It does on my Mac.  I thought Windows had a built in unzipper too.  If not download one.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

No I did double click and nothing happens.  I have unzipped before.  I am on a mac.  Sorry I did not reply.  I had to take a break.  I have been at this since 29 April and am exhausted.  I started another catalogue with the photos that were on my XQD card and if I need a photo I may have to find the missing photo one at a time.  I am sorry I ever decided to subscribe.  I got my bill today in Canadian $ and is over $16.00 a month for this mess I am dealing with.  Thanks for trying to help.  I think I will see if I can get my money back and try another software.  Disappointing for sure.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines