• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

reinstalling adobe cc and syncing with LR Classic

New Here ,
Mar 27, 2020 Mar 27, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I need to uninstall my Adobe Creative Cloud from my Win10 programs due to a glitch my IT people cant fix.  If I then reinstall it, will it automatically see that I have LR Classic and Photoshop on my computer based on my account sign in and if so when I launch LR will it automatically find the most recent catalog backup from my computer.  If not, how do I direct it to find and launch the catalog backup?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Mar 31, 2020 Mar 31, 2020

Uninstalling and reinstalling the Creative Cloud app should have no effect on Lightroom Classic or Photoshop at all. Just do not launch these apps until you have reinstalled the CC app and logged in again.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Mar 31, 2020 Mar 31, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there,

You could open the backup catalog straight into Lightroom without directing the app to launch with the default catalog. 

• Choose File > Open Catalog.
  • Navigate to the location of your backed up catalog file
  • Select the backed up .lrcat file and click Open
  • (Optional) Copy the backed up catalog to the location of the original catalog to replace it.

Hope that helps.

Thanks,

Akash

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Uninstalling and reinstalling the Creative Cloud app should have no effect on Lightroom Classic or Photoshop at all. Just do not launch these apps until you have reinstalled the CC app and logged in again.

-- Johan W. Elzenga

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST
Thank you. Planning on giving it a go today.

John Klimavicz

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines