• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Release of Lightroom 7?

New Here ,
Mar 10, 2017 Mar 10, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I gather from reading the posts of a few people, that Lightroom has evolved a lot since I purchased v.4.

So I know that if I buy a stand-alone edition, I'll get version 6.  But even version 6 is now a couple of years old this spring.

Do you have any idea when Adobe is releasing v.7?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

LEGEND , Mar 10, 2017 Mar 10, 2017

There has been no indication of when or if there will be a Lightroom 7. It would seem logical that if there is going to be such a release  it should be soon. But Adobe never makes such announcements in advance. And anyone who might know has been bound by nondisclosure agreements. So you'll just have to wait and see like everyone else. Not the answer you want, I know. But that's the way it is.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,
Sep 09, 2017 Sep 09, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You'll need then to wait for Adobe to make an announcement and see what the package is.

ABAMBO | Hard- and Software Engineer | Photographer

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Adobe is always WORKING on LR. The new release could be LR 6/CC 2015 .13 and nothing to do with a LR 7/CC 2017 or CC 2018.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Well they better be cuz both Intel and Ryzen support for more than 4 cores is OK at best.. There's no reason for LR to be laggy with only utilizing a quarter of the processing power let alone my laptop (4 cores 8 threads) being faster than my Ryzen (8 cores 16 threads) (SAME CLOCK SPEED)..

Before you argue, google it.. Theres several cases of people complaining about stuttering performance on high-end CPU's and it's a known issue that LR finds it hard to coop with RAM as well as with these kind of CPU's. Restarting the program makes it work OK again but only for a picture or 30 to 60..

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Working on it can and does mean anything. They very well may be working on an UpDATE to LR 6/CC 2015 to address those issue you raise.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I really do hope so cuz I can edit ALOT faster than it's letting me, wasting me alot of time

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

(And it sucks finding out more expensive hardware has the opposite effect x'DDD)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Adobe is aware of performance issues. Did you participate in their survey to let them know your concerns?

On Lightroom Performance

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I dont believe I have, although I did contact support about the issues several times. You know if there's a page for me to still take that survey? I edit alot in batch so my thoughts might be of use to them.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Follow the link! It's from July.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks bud!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,
Oct 04, 2017 Oct 04, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

"Adobe is always WORKING on LR. The new release could be LR 6/CC 2015 .13 and nothing to do with a LR 7/CC 2017 or CC 2018"

Lightroom 2018 (perpetually licence) and CC 2018 would be my guess, given that the latest version of Photoshop Elements is 2018, rather than Photoshop Elements 16.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Oct 04, 2017 Oct 04, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Everybody should wait until Adobe makes it’s announcement. The only thing that is sure is that the the world is flat and the sun revolves around the earth.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,
Sep 25, 2017 Sep 25, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Photo Rumors have stated that Adobe Lightroom 7 will probably be announced during the Adobe Max conference (October 18-20, 2017), and that the following information is from a current beta tester.

Since two days I am investigating the improvements of the new and still unreleased LR 7 (still beta). Please note that it is a beta and EVERYTHING I write here is subject to change.

Let me stress that for the desktop classic LR the developers have expressly stated that performance is the most important agenda within their list of improvements. Even re-stated it like 5 times On side note: bear in mind that in my workflow I am strictly following every possible advice on speeding LR there is. Things like BIG cache setting in LR, RAM, SSD, CPU with 4 cores, DNG conversion... etc. are part of my everyday workflow. That is why I am mentioning my take based on that workflow.

Additionally - what seems to be good or bad on my system, might not turns out to be OK on your system and vice versa. Each detail in your software & hardware configurations might (and usually does) turn out to make big impact on any aspect related to any specific program (LR in this case).

So far local adjustments performance seems tremendously improved.

The problem before: If in your work you are a perfectionist like me you would have met the issue of progressive slowing down with the increase of local adjustments and heals whenever they are made. It would go to that point that after the 5th image with a dozen of heals the next image would not load for less than 10 seconds.

This seems to be now remedied. Will have to further push it with a bigger series with more heals and local adj. per picture.

Converting to DNGs and 1:1 build preview - yet no true improvement to be observed. Even worse - now it asks for OK on DNG conversion in order to begin the 1:1 preview building which killing the computer.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Sep 25, 2017 Sep 25, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I’ve seen that too. Let’s wait then and see!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Oct 01, 2017 Oct 01, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It would be really welcome to see LIGHTROOM 7.

Lightroom is by far the best leightweight image cataloging and processing software for photographers around.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,
Sep 22, 2017 Sep 22, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Lightroom 7 is being beta tested ahead of a October 18th to 20th release,  if this rumor is to be believed.

http://www.cameraegg.org/adobe-lightroom-7-to-be-announced-in-october/

Fingers crossed it's definitely long overdue.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,
Oct 02, 2017 Oct 02, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I must have missed that tweet!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Enthusiast ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Let's hope it's good when it comes! 

It's nearly 2 and a half years since the last major release (albeit with some new features with dot releases) and over 5 and a half years since any upgrade to raw processing (with Process 2012).

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LR CC feature updates have been painfully slow.  If there is a perpetual version of the next realise of  LR, I'm planning to switch back to it for that reason.  90% of my post processing is done in LR anyway, and the finishing touches to my images can be just as easily applied using Photo Affinity as PS, at a considerably lower cost than i'm playing for 2.5 years of LR CC at £10 a month.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Oct 18, 2017 Oct 18, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

They announced today that the future of LR is cloud based and subscription only.  Looks like v6 is the last product I'll own from them.  Bye, Adobe.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 06, 2017 Nov 06, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I was trying to import a catalog into a new lightroom cc classic catalog and I got a message that I needed to try using lightroom 7 to make the conversion.  So there probably is a version 7 ready to go.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Enthusiast ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The current release of Lightroom Classic CC is release 7.0.1.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You were to do what how?
Effectively, Lightroom Classic CC is Lightroom 7 (the 7.01 is here irrelevant, because it fixes a nasty install bug for people with the version 6 on a perpetual basis).

Either you need Lr Classic CC or you need Lr CC for what you are trying to do. In all other cases you used a lower version of Lr, like Lr 6.X or Lr CC 2015.X.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines