• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Reliable Color Picker of the adjustment brush

New Here ,
May 05, 2021 May 05, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It is difficult to elaborate my issue in the Adobe support chat. That's why I want to place my issue here. Thank you for your support in advance.

For what I need a reliable solution
I want to measure up to 4 actual colors of a foto with the color picker of the adjustment brush in order to determine in the next step with Adobe Color the hue values for a specific rule of color harmony (like complementary colors). Therefore it is important for me to get  (nearly) correct hue values from the LR color picker.

The issue:
When I measure hue values of colors in the test foto ( see below) with the color picker of the adjustment brush, then in Lightroom Classic under Windows for every second segment of the color wheel I get an hue value (slightly) different from the expected hue value. The expected hue values of the segments differ by 30 degrees from the neighbouring segment. Furthermore the file contains the embedded ICC Profile ProPhotoRGB, because I know that Lightroom displays fotos on the development screen according to ProPhotoRGB.

01-Farben-ProPhoto.jpg

If the same file is displayed as a Panel End Mark the LR color picker delivers correct hue values for all the segments. And in Photoshop its color picker also delivers correct hue values for all the segments.

What I'd like to get:
Please tell me what I have to do in order to get always correct hue values from the color picker.
I found already a bypass solution for Lightroom Classic under Windows: the softproof with ProPhotoRGB profile. But I do not want to create a virtual copy just for measuring and processing fotos with correct colors.

And I am still searching for a solution in an Apple Mac Mini (I7) environment. There the color picker works worse. I would appreciate any advice.

TOPICS
Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This is a user to user support forum. To provide feedback and suggestions about what you desire for Adobe, you should go here and comment:
https://www.adobe.com/products/wishform.html

Author “Color Management for Photographers" & "Photoshop CC Color Management/pluralsight"

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thank you for your information. I am going to place my issue with the respective wishform.

But I need a solution now. And I thought there could be someone of the community who found already a solution for the issue  - especially for Mac PCs.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines