• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

remove and restore crop info in lightroom

Participant ,
Mar 12, 2021 Mar 12, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I used the aspect ratio and crop info in EOS utility to help compose my shot. When I auto import the images into LR, all the images are cropped. I am unable to recover the uncropped image of 3:2.

Is there a way to recover the full image without using DNG Recover Edge plugin or DPP? I googled and found this issue dated back to 2012, has this been resolved yet?  

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What camera were you using? There's now an option in the Crop tool to reset the crop back to the full camera resolution, but that's for newer cameras. IIRC, that option is not available for earlier cameras such as the Canon 5D MkIII.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am using Canon 5DM3. 😞

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Which is what I thought might be the case. You could try the DNG Recover Edge official Adobe plug-in, which is what was available before they provided the current functionality for later cameras. It's still listed on the Adobe web-site, so should in theory still work: https://helpx.adobe.com/uk/lightroom-classic/plug-ins.html

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thanks, Jim, for clarifying.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines