• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Remove cloud icon top right of the screen

Community Beginner ,
Jun 15, 2020 Jun 15, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I just installed new lightroom update, and found that in the top right of the screen a cloud icon has appeared, as per following pic:

Schermata 2020-06-16 alle 08.44.44.png

Right-clicking on Library/Develop will show me a drop down menu where i can hide other destinations i don't need (map, book, print, web, etc), and i was always happy being able to hide them, but i can find no way to hide the cloud icon, which is pretty annoying and dumb. I don't want any useless interface icon/logo in my view, i like the cleanest possible UI; hope the icon is not permanent and can be removed, otherwise would be a very violent action from Adobe to force me in seeing that at any time.

{Moved from Lightroom Cloud to Lightroom Classic Forum by Moderator} 

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Jun 16, 2020 Jun 16, 2020

That's the new location for Cloud Sync in Classic. There is no way to hide it at present. However, if you believe that hiding it should be an option, then feel free to submit a feature request at: https://feedback.photoshop.com/photoshop_family/categories/photoshop_family_photoshop_lightroom?

Votes

Translate

Translate
Advocate ,
Jun 16, 2020 Jun 16, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You are kidding, right?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

No, i'm not; can you help?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

That's the new location for Cloud Sync in Classic. There is no way to hide it at present. However, if you believe that hiding it should be an option, then feel free to submit a feature request at: https://feedback.photoshop.com/photoshop_family/categories/photoshop_family_photoshop_lightroom?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for your help; i'll try submit a request!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Is this on a Mac with OS X? I ask because it isn't on Windows.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes, MacMini 2018 with latest OS X

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Advocate ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It is on my Windows 10.

The entire bar can be hidden with the up-pointing triangle in the middle and movement between Library and Develop done with the keyboard shortcuts D, E and G.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Many of us prefer the new icon to be visible rather than hidden under the identity plate. It also has some helpful info overlays which are detailed in my blog together with other enhancements in today’s updates. My cloud icon shows that sync is temporarily paused. Your icon indicates that your catalog is not sync’d at all.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Mine show that the catalogue is not sync'd at all, correct; that's because i don't want to synch my catalogue. And why then the icon is totally unuseful and disturbing to me 🙂

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yep I understand. At least the engineers will get to note your personal preference if you have posted at Ian’s link.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If you really want "the cleanest possible UI" consider collapsing the top panel. Then that icon will be gone along with all of the other "clutter" along the top, and when you need it all you need do is drag your mouse to the top of the screen so that it will drop down temporarily so that you can choose one of those options that you really need. Otherwise, those options are out of sight out of mind. All that shows during normal use is the menubar.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Yeah just updated and now have the cloud icon. Win 10.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines