Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Remove deleted photos from collection

Engaged ,
Nov 01, 2019 Nov 01, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

I did this: https://tinytutorials.wordpress.com/2011/08/09/remove-missing-images-from-adobe-lightroom-deleting-i...

→ after deleting photos from hard drive (with Explorer) I synchronized the folders in LR – as far, as good. But problem: they are still within my collections.

How can I display/filter all such deleted photos in a collection to remove them from the collections?

Thanks!

mycc

TOPICS
Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Collections are just LISTS of images. But I just did a test and I am not seeing the same behavior.

I made a collection, called it Post Pictures (I have a folder of the same name that I store images in that I use in replies to forum posts). Placed 174 images in that collection.

Used File Explorer to delete 10 of those images.

Then used the Synchronize folder option on the Post Pictures folder and it found 10 images missing and removed them from the folder. It also removed them forom the collection as no image names (Collections are just Lists of image names) can be in a collection if there are no images by that name.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Engaged ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Strange. I had to remove the references/thumbs of  my collection by hand, picture after picture (searching for the very small and low-contrast overlay symbol). Theye were still there ...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Not sure what you have done or the exact steps but the simple fact is No image reference, Name Of Image, can exist in  a collection if there is No image for that reference in the catalog file.

So the only way for an image name to be in a collection list is for that image to be referenced in the LR Classic catalog file. Whether that images is still on your drive or not doesn't matter, it could be deleted from the drive but still in the catalog file. If that is the case then that image will have an Exclamation mark on it.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,
Nov 11, 2019 Nov 11, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hmm, maybe I did something wrong.

Thanks for your responses!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines