Highlighted

Remove shadow

Explorer ,
Oct 11, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Could you please tell me how to remove this shadow. FYI I am a begginer.

Thank you!20200922-20200922-DSC_7782.jpg

TOPICS
How to

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more

Remove shadow

Explorer ,
Oct 11, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Could you please tell me how to remove this shadow. FYI I am a begginer.

Thank you!20200922-20200922-DSC_7782.jpg

TOPICS
How to

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
Oct 11, 2020 0
Adobe Community Professional ,
Oct 11, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Are you referring to the dark area in the background or something else? The tools to review are the Clone and Heal tools. Please see the attached screen capture

2020-10-11_08-21-45.png

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Oct 11, 2020 1
Explorer ,
Oct 11, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes the dark area in the background.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Oct 11, 2020 0
Oct 11, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This is better done in Photoshop and not LrC.

If you are a subscriber to the Adobe Photography plan you have access to Photoshop and it is that program you should tackle this task

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Oct 11, 2020 1
Explorer ,
Oct 11, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you but I have no idea how to use photoshop. I take pictures for my Etsy jewelry store, the store keeps me busy so I don't always have time for tutorials. I do the best I can.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Oct 11, 2020 0
Oct 11, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Or simply Crop out the area with the shadow. That would also bring the subject of the photo, the stone, to the forefront.

20200922-20200922-DSC_7782-Ed's Overwrite-2.jpg

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Oct 11, 2020 1
Explorer ,
Oct 11, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This crop looks good. I thought it would get to blurry croped that tight. Is cropping the only thing you did? I do have some other photos that will be difficult to crop out.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Oct 11, 2020 0
Oct 11, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I did nothing else but crop out the shadow. And that was done on the screen shot you posted in your original post. Which is a 2000 x 1333 pixel image which is just a 2.6 MP image.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Oct 11, 2020 0
Oct 11, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This is very simply done with the Clone/Healing tool and took me two minutes..... the best practise is to watch carefully when shooting! Good luck and thanks for asking for help!!

20200922-7782 geoff.jpg

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Oct 11, 2020 0