Highlighted

Removed images from disc don't appear in trash

New Here ,
Jun 24, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Since the last update of LrC in can't find in Lightroom Classic deleted files (from disk) in trash. That makes them unrecoverable when I removed them by accident. Why is this changed? Or do I have to change some settings? In the previous version deleted files always appeared in the trash. Any idea?

Thanks, Marc

Topics

Bug, Mac, Problem or error

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more

Removed images from disc don't appear in trash

New Here ,
Jun 24, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Since the last update of LrC in can't find in Lightroom Classic deleted files (from disk) in trash. That makes them unrecoverable when I removed them by accident. Why is this changed? Or do I have to change some settings? In the previous version deleted files always appeared in the trash. Any idea?

Thanks, Marc

Topics

Bug, Mac, Problem or error

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
LEGEND ,
Jun 24, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am not able to duplicate this. When I delete a photo from Lightroom Classic and select remove from hard disk, the photo appears in the recycle bin. Lightroom Classic 9.3, Windows 10

But anyway, you do have backups of your photos, right? Just restore a backup.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Pluim026 LATEST
New Here ,
Jun 24, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks.
I restarted my iMac and voilà: deleted files can be found in trash again.

(Of course a backup of all the files is helpfull, but pick a by mistake deleted file out of the trash works quicker).

Problem (was it a problem) is not a problem anymore.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines