• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Removing unedited photos from hard drive in Lightroom Classic 9.4

New Here ,
Sep 27, 2020 Sep 27, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have taken a lot of photos over the past months, a few of which I have edited in Lightroom.  My drive is getting full.  I have backed themb all up and would like to delete all the ones I haven't edited because there are many almost duplicates in there.  Is there a way without going through each folder and marking each photo?

TOPICS
Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Sep 27, 2020 Sep 27, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I would suggest you Import ALL the files to LrC (not just the ones you have edited). (Use the [ADD] option and Minimal previews).

Then you can mark the un-edited photos with the 'Reject' Flag and delete them in bulk with one key press.

If they were not already in the Catalog, then 'Previous Import' will only show your the files you have just imported.

Or in the Folder Grid view, a Smart Collection could find un-edited photos by a search filter.

Regards. My System: Lightroom-Classic 13.2 Photoshop 25.5, ACR 16.2, Lightroom 7.2, Lr-iOS 9.0.1, Bridge 14.0.2, Windows-11.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Sep 28, 2020 Sep 28, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

It seems to me that a better solution is to move the photos to a disk that has more space, while keeping them connected in Lightroom. Please see "Part 2 — Updating Folder Location" from this document: http://www.computer-darkroom.com/lr2_find_folder/find-folder.htm

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines