• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Replacement External Hard Drive with Same Photos - How to Set Up in Catalog?

Explorer ,
Jul 01, 2020 Jul 01, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

With a replacement external hard drive loaded with 3 TB of photos connected to my computer, the Lightroom Classic catalog doesn't show that drive or photos - just the same photos and folders that were on the previous external drive (with question marks) and newer photos on the computer's drive.  If I press the Import button, the new drive does show along with a few thousand photos not associated with folders.  All folders and all photos do pop up in the Mac Finder function.

The new drive is a different type (G Technology) while the old one was a La Cie.

Do I need to delete the old hard drive listing in the Lightroom catalog in order to be able to see the same photos and folders in the replacement drive?  I need full functionality for these photos, including developing them.   

Assistance appreciated!

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Please follow these isntructions (particularly, see Figure 4)

http://www.computer-darkroom.com/lr2_find_folder/find-folder.htm

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Wow, thanks!  Easy peasy.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines