• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Rerun face detection in Lightroom Classic?

New Here ,
Jan 01, 2021 Jan 01, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have hundreds of faces that need to be identified.  It would take days to name them.

eg:  one name...hundreds of faces unnamed.  They(the names)exist in confirmed people.  The name it has suggested for these people has only one person match in my catalog.

TOPICS
Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I don't think you can. As soon as faces have been analysed on an image, Classic will never analyse it again. Probably if you remove images and reimport them it might be willing to analyse them again but as far as I know there is nothing in the interface that allows you to control it for existing images.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Mike,

What I found to have happened when I did this on family was that in the beginning it was seldome accurate with occasional success. But as I continued it got smarter and smarter and by the end it was mostly accurate. All I can say is that it was able to recognize my dad as an adult and as a kid. In the interup it would recognize a family friend with a beard and suggest it was my mom. Um, no, my mom never had a beard.

And I'm sorry, I can't tell you how many images I went through to get that level of results. Just keep with it and watch it learn.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines