Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Resetting develop settings after syncing

Explorer ,
Jun 04, 2020 Jun 04, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

9.2.1 release

After syncing develop settings and using multiple times presets some files end up with reset develop settings. Even detail panel that has some values by default ends up wih 0 on every slider. However i can access any step in history panel so i can get back to last changes. Anyone also noticed this behaviour?

{Moved from Lightroom Cloud to Lightroom Classic Forum by Moderator} 

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Jun 04, 2020 Jun 04, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Check those presets, one at a time. Sounds like one includes a reset.

An example of a preset that in fact sends all slyders to zero is the /Lightroom General Presets /Zeroed/

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Jun 05, 2020 Jun 05, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yeah... thats not it:) These are presets I've been using for few years. And this thing happens when jumping between library and develop. My workflow hasn't changed. I also havent noticed any pattern that's why my question is general.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Jun 06, 2020 Jun 06, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Today I noticed again this incident. It happened after applying preset. When I click steps in history panel applying preset resets everything except the values of the preset. However this preset isn't made to do that and it doesn't normally do that on different files. Getting back one step in history and applying the same preset also doesn't reset anything. Seems like unlikely coincidence...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What Lightroom Classic version. This sounds like an old bug in a previous version where if you didn't wait long enough after applying a preset to a bunch of images, you would end up in a zeroed state if you jumped into develop on one of them that hadn't been modified yet by the previous bulk action. Might make sense to wait until the progress bar has finished in such a case.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Jun 12, 2020 Jun 12, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

9.2.1 release.

I reinstalled everything and it didn't happen again. Anyway, thx for help.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Jun 14, 2020 Jun 14, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Ok, I can at least somehow repeat the error. When I enter develop i only click exposure slider and roll mouse wheel to correct it. Then without clicking anything else I press G. In library - grid the exposure isn't corrected. When I press D to enter develop module, the preview is corrected. Again G and isn't. Syncing other pictures exposure with this one and strange things happen.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

A bit off topic. But why don't I have, under Presets, as section titled, "Lightroom General Presets"? I don't seem to have it, and can't find the Zeroed preset. I have looked for it a number of times but it just ain't there. Haven't worried about it, but I saw it mentioned again in this thread. Using Lightroom Classic 9.2.1.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Those are no longer in Classic. There is no zeroed preset anymore. You should have a section called Defaults. Your own presets should be in User Presets.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yeah, that's what I thought.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have them, perhaps yours are turned off, check the manage presets. Note that the file structure as to where Zeroed is changed , zi think back at v7.2.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You're right. They are hiding in the by default turned off Classic sets. Zeroed is in Classic - General. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines