Highlighted

Resizing photos for website platform

New Here ,
Mar 04, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi everyone. I'm not very tech saavy but am in the process of moving platforms for my website. New website is telling me I cannot upload photos larger than 20 megapixels. How do I go about resizing my photos? I run a Mac.  I don't want to lose the quality of my photos in doing so. TIA. 

Topics

How to, Mac

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more

Resizing photos for website platform

New Here ,
Mar 04, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi everyone. I'm not very tech saavy but am in the process of moving platforms for my website. New website is telling me I cannot upload photos larger than 20 megapixels. How do I go about resizing my photos? I run a Mac.  I don't want to lose the quality of my photos in doing so. TIA. 

Topics

How to, Mac

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
Adobe Community Professional ,
Mar 05, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It sounds like you are trying to upload full resolution files to your website. 

You create smaller files by exporting, and checking Resize to fit in the Export dialog.

Choose sensible pixel dimensions, like somewhere between 1200 and 2500 pixels on the long side.

Note that megapixels and megabytes are two different things.

An image measuring 6000 x 4000 pixels contains 24 million pixels, which is 24 megapixels (MP). This is the pixel count of the image.

File size is measured in megabytes (MB), and a 24 MP image could be 30 MB as a raw file, 137 MB as a 16-bit tiff, and 14 MB or smaller as a jpg.

For more information, see What is a digital image and File formats.

image.png

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines