• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Restore Catalog and Image Folders to new Windows desktop

Community Beginner ,
Jul 09, 2021 Jul 09, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I just built a new PC after my old mainboard failed.  I need to recover my images (folders/raw files) and my catalog (metadata) to the new PC.  

What changed?

1. Moved from Win 7 (upgraded to 10) OEM install to Win 10 Home perpetual.
  2. New 500GB M.2 SSD running Windows and my new local profile data
  3. Image folder moved from c:\images to d:\images (the 2TB SSD that was on my old PC)

I haven't installed LRC yet.  Just wondering if there is a good tutorial with best practices for recovering the data.  Earlier this year, I did a full Win 10 reinstall and I litterally spent hours trying to recover my LR configuration.  

TOPICS
Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jul 10, 2021 Jul 10, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Please take a look here:

How do I move Lightroom to a new computer? | The Lightroom Queen

How To Move Lightroom To Another Computer (and not get burned!) - Lightroom Killer Tips

There you'll find all information you need to move LR and your photos successfully to a new computer.

My System: Intel i7-8700K - 64GB RAM - NVidia Geforce RTX 3060 - Windows 10 Pro 22H2 -- LR-Classic 13.2 - Photoshop 25.6 - Nik Collection 6.9 - PureRAW 4 - Topaz Photo AI 2

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines