• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

restore facial recognition backup. Where are the data files?

New Here ,
Feb 04, 2020 Feb 04, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

i had to reinstall my OS. I installed Lighroom classic and restored my catalog file and all files of my user- and app data back to c:\users\name\.

No when i start Lightroom, no scanned facial data was recognized. Where are my data files of the facial recognition saved? I´m sure i have all data except the program folder where Lightroom was installed.

Any ideas?

Thx, Andrew

TOPICS
Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Feb 04, 2020 Feb 04, 2020

The facial recognition data is stored in the catalog along with all the other data applied to your photos by the camera or you during/after import. Therefore, if it's really missing, then you may well have restored an earlier catalog.

Also, check that Face Detection is enabled (see metadata panel in Catalog Settings).

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The facial recognition data is stored in the catalog along with all the other data applied to your photos by the camera or you during/after import. Therefore, if it's really missing, then you may well have restored an earlier catalog.

Also, check that Face Detection is enabled (see metadata panel in Catalog Settings).

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for your quick reply!

I have checked my catalog. I only have one catalog. I use it about 2 years. After installing Lightroom the program said that my photos must be reindexed. My original catalog is named "Lightroom_Katalog_01_SSD.lrcat". Now a new catalog was created by LR called "Lightroom_Katalog_01_SSD-2.lrcat". They have 320.000 KB and 358.000 KB.

LR recognized 3 faces with 2-4 pictures with the right name. Therefore LR knows some faces. Unfortunately the other 80 faces are not shown.

Indexing and rescanning folders are finished over night.

I don't know where my other recognizations are. 

lr01.PNG

lr02.PNG

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Ok ok. My fault. I had selected a subfolder.

My facials are back again and I am happy now.

lr03.png

Many thanks and sorry if I wasted your time.

Andrew

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines