Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Restore mistakenly trashed LR files

New Here ,
Oct 23, 2020 Oct 23, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi

I mistakenly selected a number of jpeg files for deletion and they are curretntly sitting in my Trash on my iMac. Some were standard jpeg's which mirrored the RAW file and some were what I understood were editing jpegs in that their file name was in the style of "lr edit 1234.jpeg" At the time, I believed that these should be retained as they reflected the editing done on each RAW file. However after watching a video here by George Jay, I may well have misunderstood as the editing appears to be related to xmp sidecar files.

What I would like to do is to get my lr edit files or other back, if need be.

I have just looked at one of the files in my Trash (lr edit-05273.jpg) and checked the RAW image in my  Desktop and the image looks fine in both the Development and Library pages so maybe I am worrying needlessly.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Oct 23, 2020 Oct 23, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I know this works on Windows, I think something similar works on a Mac.

If I right-click on the trash can/recycle bin, and select Open, then you can right-click on each file in there (or select them all and right-click once) and select Restore. This moves the files back to wherever they came from, and then Lightroom Classic ought to be fine.

Any Lightroom Classic issues caused by files in the trash, and .xmp files are unrelated. Don't confuse the two.

You would be wise to stop moving photos/folders to the trash using your operating system. If you really need to delete something, do it in Lightroom Classic.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines