Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Resume editing a Book in Lightroom 10.0

Community Beginner ,
Nov 18, 2020 Nov 18, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello all 
I designed a book yesterday and saved it. Now I can open it but I couldn't edit it easily. 

The book was created from photo collections and as you know the saved one is located there.
At the moment, and after I open the saved book, whenever I click on any other photo collection it automatically create new book project out of that selected collection! I just click the collection to chose more photos (like I did before) but I couldn't! 
Any advise ?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Nov 18, 2020 Nov 18, 2020

whenever I click on any other photo collection it automatically create new book project out of that selected collection!

Yes, while you are still using the Book Module (Book module is 'active')- selecting another Collection or Folder does make LrC believe you are starting another book!

Instead, You must-

1) 'exit' out of the Book module to the Grid View, by pressing [G]

2) Select any Folder or Collection of photos to show in Grid View

3) Select individual photos you want to ADD to the Book and d

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,
Nov 18, 2020 Nov 18, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

whenever I click on any other photo collection it automatically create new book project out of that selected collection!

Yes, while you are still using the Book Module (Book module is 'active')- selecting another Collection or Folder does make LrC believe you are starting another book!

Instead, You must-

1) 'exit' out of the Book module to the Grid View, by pressing [G]

2) Select any Folder or Collection of photos to show in Grid View

3) Select individual photos you want to ADD to the Book and drag them to the 'Saved Book Collection'.

4) Re-open the Saved Book Collection. Your 'added' photos will be at the right-end of the Filmstrip.

Regards. My System: Lightroom-Classic 13.2 Photoshop 25.5, ACR 16.2, Lightroom 7.2, Lr-iOS 9.0.1, Bridge 14.0.2, Windows-11.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Nov 19, 2020 Nov 19, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thank you, 
I think that does the job for now. Although I wish to be able pick/drag photos from other collections directly to certain places (pages) in the existed book. (Like what I did in the begining before I saved the book).

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines